Problem solving ( subtraction )


I.Solve the following problems correctly.
  1. Father started a poultry by raising 18 chickens. After a week, 7 of them were sold. How many
chickens were left?






  1. In a week, Mother gathered 20 eggs. Eight eggs were broken. The rest were sold in the market. How many eggs were sold?





  1. Father bought 16 bags of bags of chicken feed. In a week, he used 7 bags. How many bags
were left?




  1. From one mango tree, the Santos family harvested 12 mangoes. From another mango tree, they
harvested 7 mangoes.
  1. How many mangoes did they harvest in all?




    1. If 9 mangoes were given to their neighbors, how many were left?




  1. Lito’s pet shop had 15 fish. Last week, 7 fish were sold. How many fish were left?





  1. Last week, Lito had 19 customers. This week, he had 10 customers. How many more
customers does he have this week than last week?





  1. Henry had 16 boxes of chocolates to sell during the school fair. At the end of the day, 9 boxes
were unsold. How many boxes were sold?




  1. Christopher had to answer a 20-item test in Math. In test I he got 7 mistakes while in test II, he got 5 mistakes. How many items did he answer correctly?




  1. Simon collected 9 stamps and Michael collected 8 stamps. They decided to give their classmate
Ritchie 7 stamps. How many stamps were left with Simon and Michael?



  1. Miss Ong has 17 pupils in her summer class. One morning, 4 boys and 5 girls were absent. How many pupils reported to Miss Ong’s class on that day?





II.Read each clue to find the number.

  1. If I subtract 5 from my number, 3 is left. My number is __________.


  1. I am thinking of a number. If I subtract 3 from the number, I still have 4. The number is ______.


  1. If I subtract 7 from my number, I have nothing left. My number is _________.


  1. I am thinking of two numbers. Their difference is 4. The larger number is 9. The other number is
___________.


  1. I am thinking of two numbers. Their difference is 6. The smaller number is 2. The other number
is _____________.


  1. If you subtract me from 17, you get 6. What number am I? ___________.



  1. If you subtract me from 18, you get 5 + 6. What number am I? _____________.

No comments:

Post a Comment